- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 shallot/small red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dill
- Half tomatoes.
- Chop cucumber into quarters. Then slice quarters into 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut avocado into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Dice shallot/red onion.
- Zest and juice lemon.
- Add dill, salt, and pepper.
This is such a refreshing and simple salad. Also filling! It is sure to brighten up any summer party. Eat up!
- 1 medium sized Jicama
- 1 tbsp. Agave Nectar
- Pinch of salt
- Chop Jicama into 1/2 inch cubes. Roughly chop Strawberries.
- Add Blackberries and Blueberries.
- Add the zest and juice of one lime.
- Mix 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar and a pinch of salt.
I love summer. There is nothing better than fresh fruits and vegetables. Jicama is is a globe looking root vegetable; the interior is sweet and starchy. I would describe it like a sweet water-chestnut, or a starchy cucumber. It is easy to make sweet or savory, so be watching for more jicama recipes from me this summer. I hope you love this fresh salad as much as I do!