I love a good curry! I love it even more when it is easy for a week night meal. This recipe is one of my favorites, and it takes about 30 minutes to make.
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Inch Fresh Ginger
- 1 Cup Lentils (I like using green for this recipe)
- 3 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Chop onion, carrot, and sweet potato. Heat on in over medium for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in grated ginger, garlic, curry powder, cumin, and turmeric. Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and lentils.
- Cook over medium for 20 minutes to cook lentils.
- Add coconut milk, and simmer until desired thickness (generally 10 more minutes).
- Serve over rice.