- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 shallot/small red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dill
- Half tomatoes.
- Chop cucumber into quarters. Then slice quarters into 1/2 slices.
- Cut avocado into 1/4 cubes.
- Dice shallot/red onion.
- Zest and juice lemon.
- Add dill, salt, and pepper.
This is such a refreshing and simple salad. Also filling! It is sure to brighten up any summer party. Eat up!
- Aprox. 5 cups Yellow Onions (4-5 Medium onions)
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Aminos (or 1/3 cup soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp Savory Seasoning
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 10 cups water or broth
- Roughly chop onions. Saute over medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic and a pinch of salt. Keep sauteing until onions are translucent.
- Mix in balsamic vinegar and aminos. Cook for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Add savory, thyme, and water/broth.
- Cook over medium low for a minimum of 45 minutes. BUT, it really tastes best when cooked for 2.5-3 hours. The longer you let the soup cook, the better it tastes. Time is the best thing for this soup.
Serves 4-6 people
I strongly suggest using aminos rather than soy sauce in this recipe. Aminos are liquid amino acids taken generally from soy or coconuts. It makes a richer, meatier sauce. Side bonus it is lower in sodium and naturally gluten free.
We love this recipe. Serve with a crusty piece of bread, or even a (vegan) grilled cheese. It also makes a great onion gravy that we love to eat over mashed potatoes. You can find that recipe below:
- Warm up left over soup over medium heat.
- In a separate dish add 1-2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder or pure corn starch to 1/4 cup of soup to make a slurry. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the slurry to the rest of the left over soup.
- Heat until thickened.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Love, Liv
- 1 medium sized Jicama
- 1 tbsp. Agave Nectar
- Pinch of salt
- Chop Jicama into 1/2 inch cubes. Roughly chop Strawberries.
- Add Blackberries and Blueberries.
- Add the zest and juice of one lime.
- Mix 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar and a pinch of salt.
I love summer. There is nothing better than fresh fruits and vegetables. Jicama is is a globe looking root vegetable; the interior is sweet and starchy. I would describe it like a sweet water-chestnut, or a starchy cucumber. It is easy to make sweet or savory, so be watching for more jicama recipes from me this summer. I hope you love this fresh salad as much as I do!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can diced chilies
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 jar of your favorite salsa
- Chop onion and sweet potato. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Add diced chilies, and quinoa. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water, taco seasoning, and salsa. Cook until quinoa is tender.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings.
This recipe makes perfect tacos, quesadillas, nachos, or just on its own. Enjoy this simple dinner!
I love Asian inspired dishes. They are sweet, salty, tangy and delicious. I do not love all the preservatives, MSG and other gross things hiding in most soy sauces in the grocery store. SO! I have a clean version for you that won’t break the bank to make.
Let’s talk about coconut aminos. It is the sap from coconut palms. After the sap ferments, salt gets added; this process gives the coconut aminos a very similar profile to soy sauce. BUT there has 73% less sodium than most soy sauce. Not to mention, the amino acids and B vitamins that are packed into the sap. Overall, it is a great replacement for soy sauce.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (or a clean soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (omit if you want non-spicy)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast spaghetti squash for 45-55 minutes or until fork tender.
- Mice garlic. Dice carrots, peppers, onion, and peas.
- Over Medium-High heat, saute vegetables for 5-7 minutes.
- Pull spaghetti squash out of oven, mix in vegetables and dressing.
This is such an easy dinner; it is perfect for a week night meal. I hope you enjoy it!