I love soup. I would eat it everyday if I could. My husband, however, is not the biggest fan. So, soups in our house need to be hearty, delicious, and filling. This Sunday Soup is the perfect set and forget kind of soup.
- 1 medium onion
- 3 small roma tomatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 small sweet potato
- 4-5 large handfuls of kale
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 can or 15 ounces great northern beans (garbanzo beans would also work)
- 1.5 cups of vegetable stock (you can add more if you like more liquid to your soup)
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary
Instructions (See below for crock pot instructions)
- In a Dutch oven (or medium stock pot) heat a drizzle of olive oil.
- Chop: onion, carrots, sweet potato into half inch cubes. Add to the pot. Heat 3-5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, and diced tomatoes.
- Heat for 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add vegetable stock and beans
- Bring to a boil; then reduce to a simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost fork tender.
- Stir in parsley, thyme, and rosemary. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Mix in rinsed kale and enjoy!
- Add all ingredients-BESIDES KALE-into a large crock pot.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours, or until potatoes are tender(aprox. 6 hours on low). Turn off heat, add kale, and enjoy!