One of my favorite girls’ night snacks was pigs in a blanket. It is so easy, and oh so comforting. If you are looking for that familiar comfort, but in a vegan/vegetarian option-LOOK NO FURTHER. I have a recipe for you all, that is sure to satisfy on every level. Since they are not pigs in a blanket, we will call them Bunnies in Snuggies.
For this recipe, I used regular, full sized carrots, and cut them into smaller pieces. To save time, you can just use baby carrots if you want. Use what you have, this week, we had regular carrots for a different recipe. You can definitely make your own vegan puff pastry, or, you can use pre-made. For this recipe, I used pre-made.
- 1 bag baby carrots (or about 7 carrots cut into 2 inch pieces)
- Vegan puff pastry
- Olive oil
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo (my favorite brand is earth balance)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut carrots (skip if you are using baby carrots)
- Coat carrots in oil (about 2 tsp), salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut puff pastry into 1 inch by 2 inch strips. Eyeball it- it does not need to be perfect.
- Wrap carrots in puff pastry, place back on the baking sheet (put the overlap of the pastry side down)
- Brush with olive oil.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove when they turn golden brown.
- Make your dipping sauce (you could just use mustard, but the dipping sauce is definitely worth making)
Just Kidding! It serves about 5-6. I hope you use this recipe for your next girls’ night, or just a late night snack.