Guys. It is that wonderful time of the year when we get fresh blueberries. I love blueberries. Plus, I am sure as most of you know they are little bombs of health. So, you can justify eating the entire batch of muffin tops for the sake of health. Just kidding. Please don’t do that.
I made this recipe with Namaste gluten-free flour. This is one of the best gluten free flours I have used. It is a cup-for-cup switch, and it is comparable in price to other sprouted flours. My sister-in-law recommended the brand to me, and I would suggest it to anyone that is gluten intolerant or just looking to eat more gluten free items.
Let’s Get Baking!
For Crumb Topping
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Namaste Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Butter
For Muffin Tops:
- 2 1/2 cup Namaste Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup Organic Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Zest from one Lemon
- 1/3 cup Applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups Non-Dairy Creamer-Original Flavor
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 2 cups Organic Powdered Sugar
- Juice from one Lemon
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat muffin top pan with vegan butter or coconut oil. I used a mini muffin top pan.
- Mix crumb ingredients together in a small bowl. Using a fork or a pastry cutter will work best. Mix until the ingredients come together. Set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, combine together: flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl combine, whisk together non-dairy creamer and apple cider vinegar. This makes a vegan buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vegan buttermilk, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Combine wet mixture with the dry ingredients. Stir just enough to combine all the ingredients. Fold in blueberries. Do not over mix the batter, or it will break in the oven. Be gentle with the blueberries because you want them to stay intact.
- Fill muffin top pan. Top each muffin top with some of the crumb topping previously made.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on them, the baking time will depend on your oven.
- While the muffin tops are baking, make your glaze. Whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice together.
- Remove the muffin tops from the oven, and let cool. Lightly drizzle each muffin top with the glaze.
I hope you all enjoy these just as much as I have!