Who doesn’t love warm chocolate chip cookies? They are the best. I love eating the raw cookie dough just as much as the warm cookies. Nothing is better. This recipe is really easy to make, and taste amazing.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Rest Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 12 Minutes
- Makes 1 dozen cookies
Let’s talk egg alternatives. For this recipe, I use equal parts coconut oil and apple sauce. I have made this recipe more times than I would like to admit. It is a good thing my husband has a sweet tooth, and loves cookies.
I found that using only coconut oil makes the cookies greasy, and they dry out faster. Using only apple sauce makes the cookies too fluffy, and not chewy enough to be a cookie. By using equal parts, you get the perfect cookie. They are chewy, but don’t dry out because the applesauce keeps them moist.
If you want a chewier cookie, use 1/3 c. coconut oil and 1/4 c. apple sauce. If you want a fluffier cookie, use 1/3 c. apple sauce and 1/4 c. coconut oil.
- 1/2 c. organic cane sugar
- 3/4 c. packed organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1/4 c. unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 c. non-dairy milk (my favorite is almond for this recipe)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c. unbleached organic flour (or gluten free alternative)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. vegan semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. vegan dark chocolate chips
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift four and baking soda together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add melted coconut oil, applesauce, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract. Mix. (BONUS: add 1/2 c. peanut butter for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. You can use a natural peanut butter, or make your own. Recipe here.)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Form into golf ball size cookies
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
If you are looking for an easy vegan recipe to try, look no further. They are perfect for parties, potlucks, bake sales, Sunday afternoons, the possibilities are endless.
Let me know how your cookies turn out!