Homemade Peanut Butter. Need I say more?
It is so simple to make your own, and cheaper to make it at home. Making your own peanut butter give you control of what ingredients you include. This peanut butter is the BEST peanut butter I have ever tasted. IT ONLY NEEDS 4 INGREDIENTS. So. Simple.
Let’s talk peanuts. I used unroasted, and roasted them at home.
- Melt 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil. Pour over peanuts.
- Mix in Salt
They roast best in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, mixing them about half way through. The longer you roast the peanuts, the more robust, deeper peanut flavor you get. Try to find someone who roasts and distributes peanuts locally if you cannot find unroasted peanuts.
- 1 lb. peanuts (it was about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Grind peanuts in a food processor. If you roast your own peanuts, let them cool for about 8 minutes. If your peanuts are a little warm, it makes for creamier peanut butter.
- Add salt.
- Grind the peanuts until they are roughly chopped. This took about 4 minutes for my food processor for creamy peanut butter. After about 2 minutes it was looking like chunky peanut butter.
- Once the peanuts are roughly chopped, add melted coconut oil and agave nectar. (If you roasted your own peanuts, don’t add the coconut oil.) Continue processing. It will start to come together as peanut butter.
- Store in the refrigerator
- BONUS! I added 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla for extra flavor.
You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 months
It takes 30 minutes to roast, cool, and make your peanut butter. It is SO worth it. Try it, and let me know what you think!